felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Script Console - A plugin for Felix Web Console
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:40:43 GMT
Hi Chetan

I have quickly looked at it. So this is a port of the Sling code.

I think it makes sense to have it in Felix rather than in Sling, so it might be committed
to  the webconsole-plugins folder.

With my Sling hat on: This would consequently mean the code is removed from Sling again ?
This should probably be discussed on dev@sling.

With my Felix hat on: +1 to committing.

I also suggest you create a documentation page from your GitHub Wiki content and add a section
on security.

Thanks and Regards

Am 12.06.2013 um 14:00 schrieb Chetan Mehrotra:

> I have implemented a Felix WebConsole plugin for evaluating scripts. Its
> port of an earlier plugin [1]. Current implementation has no dependency on
> Sling and can be used in any OSGi Container. Using this one can inspect the
> runtime state of the OSGi runtime and thus simplify debugging.
> It provides support for following items
> * Support evaluation of script in any language e.g.
> Groovy, JavaScript, Ruby, Python etc. You would need to ensure that
> relevant language bundle is deployed
> * Code editor with syntax highlighting support based on CodeMirror
> Javascript library
> * Hot key support
> * Execute remote testcase via evaluating test scripts
> The code is pushed to my forked Git repo for Sling at [2]. Complete details
> about the plugin (with screen shots) is provided at [3].
> Attached the code to FELIX-4122. If people find it useful I can checkin the
> code
> Comments and feedback welcome!!
> Chetan Mehrotra
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2463