felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: News section on main page messed up
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 07:44:06 GMT

This is a result of the migration.

I initially converted the news subset to using the Excerpt mechanism. Turns out that this
does not work at all -- and it also does not scale because the Excerpt header would have to
be adapted on each change.

I now implemented a mechanism which retrieves the first five elements of the news page dynamically
using a bit of JQuery scripting.

The result is currently available at http://felix.staging.apache.org/index.html.

Am 11.02.2013 um 01:21 schrieb Richard S. Hall:

> It doesn't appear that the "news" blurbs are coming up correctly on our
> main page any more. We used to use some sort of "except" mechanism to
> pull some from the news page, but that doesn't appear to be working any
> more and we are just seeing one single bullet point with a much of junk
> in it.
> Any ideas?
> -> richard

Felix Meschberger | Principal Scientist | Adobe

View raw message