felix-dev mailing list archives

From Ferry Huberts <maili...@hupie.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] rename maven-bundle-plugin to bnd-maven-plugin
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:33:15 GMT

On 27/02/13 22:26, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Now that we've got a 2.x version of bndlib in Maven Central (http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Cbiz.aQute%7Cbndlib%7C2.0.0.20130123-133441%7Cjar
- same level as shipped in bndtools 2) I'm looking to sort out a new release of the maven-bundle-plugin,
once I've gone through and triaged the pending issues in JIRA.

> I also figure that now might be the best time to "fix" the plugin name according to Maven
guidelines: http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-documentation.html - apparently
the name "maven-NNN-plugin" is supposed to be reserved for plugins hosted by Apache Maven,
while plugins hosted elsewhere should use names like "NNN-maven-plugin".

> So along with the upgrade to bndlib 2.x, I'm proposing to change the plugin name to:
>
> 	bnd-maven-plugin
>
> which both respects the Maven plugin naming convention, and recognises the bnd code which
is actually doing most of the work.

> WDYT?

+1 !

--