felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject [DS] Proposal to expose the functionality of ScrCommand as a service
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2013 02:17:18 GMT
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3888

I need the capabilities of ScrCommand,  of explaining the DS component structure as text,
in a way that isn't tied to a console command and I'd rather stop duplicating the functionality.
 So, I'd like to expose the ScrCommand as a service directly.  To avoid annoying people who
don't want it I'm thinking of exposing it only when a config admin property ds.info.service
is set.

I'd like to make the info command more flexible by having it accept a regexp for component
name rather than a numeric id or exact name.  If the results have more than one component
I'd like to sort by bundle id and component id.

I've attached a diff of my proposed changes to the jira issue and there's more explanation
there.

Thoughts?  Objections?  Ideas for doing it better?

 If possible I'd like to get this in in the next few days.

many thanks
david jencks