felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Separating configuration status support from web console
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:28:48 GMT
If people find this is a good way to go forward, we could
a) move the code to trunk (where?)
b) add it to the web console and remove the configuration status printer plugin
c) deprecate all configuration status stuff in the web console

This would allow us to get a web console including this stuff for
further testing/improvements.

Regards
Carsten

2013/1/25 Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org>:
> 2013/1/25 Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks alot.
>>
>> From a modularization POV this makes a lot of sense and I agree with the direction
you are taking here.

>> From an ease-of-use POV, it is a bit different: For the 4.0 release we dropped the
full build. This causes some trouble in the community because it is now harder to deploy the
Web Console in simple setups. So the next release will have an all-in-one bundle again.

>> So, about all-in-one: would it make sense and would it be possible to setup the Web
Console all-in-one build such, that the new external bundle would be part of the webconsole
all-in-one bundle again ?

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org