felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Separating configuration status support from web console
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:33:18 GMT

I've created a first implementation[1] of a new bundle which takes
over the configuration status functionality from the web console

The configuration status printers in the web console are imho of more
general use, and make sense to be used outside of a web console.

I've created a new API which is similar to the current configuration
printer api but a little bit more consistent and more trimmed to the
actual use cases.
In addition to the API and the implementation thereof, I've provided
several glue code:
a) web console configuration printers are registered as the new service
b) a new web console plugin for the configuration status which uses
the new services. Due to a) old API is supported as well
c) configuration printers are now registered as separate web console
plugins, so we have a menu entry for each status which makes getting
to a specific status easier
d) The web console stuff is as compatible as possible, same urls for
zip etc. are used, same functionality
e) The only thing the new api does not support anymore is
localization. I think for a configuration status, it's better to stick
to one language.
f) Added new support for printers providing machine readable json.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/sandbox/cziegeler/status-printer
Carsten Ziegeler

View raw message