felix-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre De Rop <pierre.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceDiagnostics Webconsole Plugin version 0.1.2
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:35:47 GMT
Hi Arjun;

Sorry to be late, here is my vote:

I did the following:

1) I did a quick successful test: I defined some components using both
declarative service and dependency manager; I also managed to have a
circular dependency: ... and the plugin discovered the cycle !

2) in the org.apache.felix.servicediagnostics.plugin-0.1.2.jar, the
changelog is missing (but I think this does not block the release, isn't it
?)

3) the "sample" maven project does not seem to compile, and I had to
manually download the required artifacts in order to do a test
(org.apache.servicemix.bundles.scala-library-2.9.1_3.jar, etc ...).
it would be nice if you could add in the README.txt the list of exact maven
dependencies (scala, etc ...).

Unless I missed something in the license/dependencies file, I think it's ok:

+1 (binding)

regards
/Pierre

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Arjun Panday <
arjun.panday@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to release a new version of the ServiceDiagnostics webconsole
> plugin.
> This new version features better integration with the webconsole
> architecture, proper handling of service properties
> and detection of circular dependencies between services across dependency
> frameworks.
> It's also lighter as it doesn't embed the scala library anymore.
>
> A sample launcher with the required dependencies can be found here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/felix/trunk/webconsole-**
> plugins/servicediagnostics/**run.sh<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/webconsole-plugins/servicediagnostics/run.sh>
>

> Changes from 0.1.1 to 0.2.0
> ---------------------------
>
> ** Bug
>   * [FELIX-3764] servicediagnostics plugin does not append the correct
> context path info to it's javascript files
>   * [FELIX-3767] servicediagnostics plugin should properly handle service
> properties
>
> ** Improvement
>   * complete rewrite
>   * [FELIX-3768] servicediagnostics plugin should detect circular
> dependencies
>   * doesn't embedd scala, json or jquery anymore
>
> ** Backward compatibility
>   * broken: plugin API changed
>

> There are still some outstanding issues:
> https://issues.apache.org/**jira/browse/FELIX-3769<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3769>(I'll
change to the new plugin directory structure when it's released)