felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Metatype Service - OptionalAttributes - extra XML attributes with namespace support
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 13:40:34 GMT
Hi,

Am 04.01.2013 um 08:23 schrieb <Alexander.Berger@finnova.ch> <Alexander.Berger@finnova.ch>:

> Hi
>
> I intend to use extra (optional) XML attributes with the Metatype Service.

Before commenting in detail, I would be interested to know what exactly you want to achieve
by using additional attributes on object class and attribute definitions.

Regards
Felix

> For this purpose I examined the
> Felix metatype service implementation and found the class org.apache.felix.metatype.OptionalAttributes,
> which is extended by AD, OCD, ... . But unluckily this class is neither inherited by
LocalizedObjectClassDefinition
> nor by LocalizedAttributeDefinition, which makes it quite useless for the moment.
>
> Another Problem is that OptionalAttributes does not support XML namespaces for the attribute
names.
> The underlying Map should use something like javax.xml.namespace.QName as key and not
just the name
> of the attribute (String). Note, XML namespace support is crucial as extra XML attribute
have to be in a different (##other) namespace
> (see "Metatype Service Specifiaction" (Version 1.2), section 105.9 "XML Schema").
>
> The above observations lead me to the following question:
>
> 1.      Is it still a requirement for Felix subprojects to avoid dependencies on packages
like java.xml.** and rely on kxml2 instead?
> a.      If so, then I could try create a patch for metatype service which will add support
for extra XML attributes (including XML namespace support but not using javax.xml.namespace.QName),
>            so that extra XML attributes could be retrieved from AD, OCD, ..., LocalizedObjectClassDefinition
and LocalizedAttributeDefinition instances.
> b.      If not, then I could try to create a similar patch as described above (a) but
using javax.xml.namespace.QName instead.

> Note, the class javax.xml.namespace.QName is part of JavaSE since version 1.5 older versions
as well as JavaME do not contain that class.