felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jad Naous <...@nerati.com>
Subject Deadlock on install/refresh
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:43:07 GMT
I am using Gemini JPA along with EclipseLink on Apache Felix, and I can
reproduce a deadlock at will. Here's what happens:

- Gemini JPA gets installed.
- My bundle which includes persistence entities is installing.
- Gemini JPA gets notification about my bundle's status change
- Gemini JPA scans the bundle, decides it's a persistence bundle, then
calls refresh on the bundle.
- The refresh is locked waiting for the install to complete
- The install is waiting for the refresh to complete.

Anybody seen something like that happen before? What's the right way to do
this? It seems like a lock ordering problem (looking at what's being
locked, it seems one thread is waiting for the bundle lock while the other
is waiting for the global lock).