felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [WebConsole] Categories for plugins
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 06:50:25 GMT
Hi

Thanks for the patches and the issues.

I have slightly modified them (see the issues for details) and applied them.

So, plugins may now be registered with a felix.webconsole.category property (or overwrite
the AbstractWebConsolePlugin.getCategory() method). This allows the Web Console to create
Menues to access the plugins.

Plugins without a category specified will be placed into the default category "Main" (for
now this is hard coded).

We have a few missing links here:

  * Categories are not translated yet
  * The default category is hard coded
  * The plugin sort order is by URL label and not by title

In any case, I have updated the Web Console itself to categorize its own plugins.

I have deployed a SNAPSHOT of this to the Apache Snapshot repository if you want to give it
a try.

Regards
Felix