felix-dev mailing list archives

From Henry Saginor <hsagi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [WebConsole] Categories for plugins
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 02:11:39 GMT
Hi Felix,

I opened a new issue to upgrade JQuery UI [1].
I was not sure if one existed to improve Web Console plugin UI. I
could not find one. So, I opened it [2].

How do I get in touch with Valent Valchev?
To be honest I might not completely understand backwards compatibility
issues. If implemented the way you proposed here plugins without
felix.webconsole.category property set would simple end up under
default category (or as top level menu items) until they can be
upgraded. In any case I will test this scenario.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3770
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3769

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 20.11.2012 um 07:49 schrieb Henry Saginor:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been looking into implementing Web Console plugin categories
>> suggested by Felix.
>> JQuery 1.9 comes with a nice menu widget I have been experimenting.
>> Can Web Console upgrade jquery-ui?
>> I would include it with my patch if/when I implement it.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> Basically, I am for upgrading; it is long overdue.
>
> That being said, there are a few points to consider:
>
> (a) Please create a separate issue and patch for the upgrade
> (b) Please consider backwards compatibility. At least the existing plugins we distribute
in the Apache Felix project as well as the plugins you might distribute with your application
(yes, I am talking of Apache Sling and CQ5 ;-)