felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Webconsole/plugins and context path
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:18:16 GMT
Hi,

Am 16.11.2012 um 16:06 schrieb Raymond Auge:

> Since Felix has recently braught up the topic of webconsole and it's
> plugins, I'd like to highlight that there is a general disrespect in these
> of the context path assigned by the host application.

I do not completely understand the problem. The Web Console generally is registered at /system/console
inside the context serving the Http Service. If this context happens to be a non-root context,
the Web Console is registered such.

For example: If the Http Service is backed by the servlet context at /sample/context, the
Web Console is accessible at /sample/context/system/console.

In addition the Web Console root path is configurable with /system/console being the default.

One problem is for plugins redirecting to know the correct path. For this, there exist two
properties on the server side (request attribute) and the client side (global JavaScript variable)
indicating the root path (including the servlet context path) of the Web Console and the path
to the plugin being called (also including the servlet context path).

As long as plugins use those "variables", everything is fine.

Does that help ?

Regards
Felix