felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject ServiceGraph
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 09:38:14 GMT
Hi

I tried to tackle FELIX-3764 [1] just to realize that this plugin IMHO is not properly integrated
with the web console:

  * registers a /servicegraph/json servlet
  * registers /servicegraphe resources

The problem with this is, that it doesn't account for non-root servlet contexts, is not integrated
with the URL space and does not leverage the Web Console access control mechanisms.

I suggest to change this plugin as follows:

  * Handle the .../json request as part of the WebConsolePlugin.service method
  * Implement a URL getResource [2] method in the WebConsolePlugin class

This allows for full integration, leveraging access control and URL space integration plus
also allows for using the appRoot and pluginRoot Web Console properties [3].

Does this make sense ?

Regards
Felix

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3764