felix-dev mailing list archives

From Arjun Panday <arjun.pan...@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject Re: ServiceGraph
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:29:07 GMT
Thank you Felix,

I'm afraid my integration with WebConsolePlugin dates a bit and I
probably already missed some points at the time.
I should probably try to fix this myself to update my understanding of
the webconsole!

I was about to attempt a new release anyway.

/Arjun

Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried to tackle FELIX-3764 [1] just to realize that this plugin IMHO is not properly
integrated with the web console:

>   * registers a /servicegraph/json servlet
>   * registers /servicegraphe resources
>
> The problem with this is, that it doesn't account for non-root servlet contexts, is not
integrated with the URL space and does not leverage the Web Console access control mechanisms.

> I suggest to change this plugin as follows:
>
>   * Handle the .../json request as part of the WebConsolePlugin.service method
>   * Implement a URL getResource [2] method in the WebConsolePlugin class
>
> This allows for full integration, leveraging access control and URL space integration
plus also allows for using the appRoot and pluginRoot Web Console properties [3].