felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Bundle to simplify JAAS usage in OSGi
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 16:24:55 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for comments so far and to Chetan for offering this bundle.

Am 07.10.2012 um 14:08 schrieb Marcel Offermans:

> On Oct 7, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So what should be the next step here?.
>>
>> Should I create a JIRA issue and attach the source code there or more
>> discussions/details are required on the approach taken.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, please create a JIRA issue and attach the code there.
>
> Since you're not yet an Apache committer (right?) we probably also need a software grant
for this code. I'm sure Felix can help you with that.

Though Chetan is now an Apache committer (to the Jackrabbit project) and his ICLA is on file
I think this is a substantial contribution from the outside and we should do the full IP Clearance
process as documented in [1].

This means:
 - We need the JIRA issue with the code attached and checksums in a comment
 - A Software Grant faxed [2]
 - A vote by the project
 - and the Incubator form and clearance

I can drive this contribution.

Thanks again to Chetan for providing this.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt