felix-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configurable Extension Bundle system
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 07:20:14 GMT
> I am using Apache Felix as the internal OSGI container inside a webapp. The
> extension bundle manager adds the extension loader to the classloader which
> is causing me many headaches because some thirty-part libraries.

What is the problem exactly? If you don't have any extension bundles,
why would this cause problems (let alone with third-party libs)?

> My first solution was to isolate the embedded container into its own
> classloader but I think this approach adds too much complexity.
>
> Should be possible to make the Extension Bundle manager to be configurable?
> I mean, disabling it could cause some other problems to the framework?

Again, it might help if you let us know what your problem is with it
in the first place. That said, I'm not against adding a switch to
disable it but it is somewhat tricky....

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls