felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Bundle to simplify JAAS usage in OSGi
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 16:33:52 GMT
On Oct 7, 2012, at 18:24 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:

> Thanks for comments so far and to Chetan for offering this bundle.
>
> Am 07.10.2012 um 14:08 schrieb Marcel Offermans:
>
>> On Oct 7, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehrotra@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> So what should be the next step here?.
>>>
>>> Should I create a JIRA issue and attach the source code there or more
>>> discussions/details are required on the approach taken.
>>
>> As far as I'm concerned, please create a JIRA issue and attach the code there.
>>
>> Since you're not yet an Apache committer (right?) we probably also need a software
grant for this code. I'm sure Felix can help you with that.

> Though Chetan is now an Apache committer (to the Jackrabbit project) and his ICLA is
on file I think this is a substantial contribution from the outside and we should do the full
IP Clearance process as documented in [1].

That's what I thought, and did, until recently, when Roy Fielding posted a statement on the
incubator mailing list [3] stating that we basically don't need all of that stuff below if
someone already is a committer.

[3] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201203.mbox/%3CD9228733-CBBB-45DA-ABED-EE2AB12EE53B%40gbiv.com%3E