felix-dev mailing list archives

From Sahoo <sanjeeb.sa...@oracle.com>
Subject Bundle.start() returns without starting the bundle
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:50:33 GMT
While investigating some issues in GlassFish, what we are seeing is that
even if our code is calling bundle.start(START_TRANSIENT), the bundle is
not getting started immediately, nor is the code blocking. It simply
returns without Bundle's activator getting called and bundle.getState()
== RESOLVED. We see this happening when there is a start level change in
progress. We are currently using Felix 4.0.2. Looking at the code, I see
this to be by design, but isn't it a non-compliant behavior? Should
bundle.start() not wait until the bundle is started?

View raw message