felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundle to simplify JAAS usage in OSGi
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2012 23:17:32 GMT
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Marcel Offermans <
marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:

> Judging from his original mail, Chetan seems to already be aware that
> there is an implementation in Karaf. I would be interested in hearing what
> the differences with the Karaf implementation are. I don't mind multiple
> implementations, that's what OSGi is all about, as long as those
> implementations have "unique features" that allow you to use them in
> situations where the other implementations work less well.

You're right, I read the original email too quickly.   Interesting.  The
new ConfigurationSpi object has definitely opened some doors with JDK 6.
It's a shame we still need to put the ProxyLoginModule in the boot
classpath though.  I was hoping we could get rid of that.

> So perhaps Chetan can explain a bit more about this.
>
> In general I am positive towards anybody contributing and maintaining new
> functionality.

Of course.  I really should have read the email more carefully ...

--
Guillaume Nodet