felix-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre De Rop <pierre.de...@gmail.com>
Subject SCR logs "Unknown ConfigurationEvent type" with ConfigAdmin 1.4.0
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:17:46 GMT
Hi everyone;

Using SCR and latest ConfigAdmin 1.4.0, I always have the following message
logged by SCR in WARN:

    Unknown ConfigurationEvent type 3

This message is logged by SCR, from the
ConfigurationSupport.configurationEvent(ConfigurationEvent event) method,
which gets the new CM "CM_LOCATION_CHANGED (3)" event (it's a new event
fired by CM, from compendium 4.3):

           public void configurationEvent(ConfigurationEvent event)
            if (!cm.getComponentMetadata().isConfigurationIgnored())
                switch (event.getType()) {
                case ConfigurationEvent.CM_DELETED:

                case ConfigurationEvent.CM_UPDATED:

                    Activator.log(LogService.LOG_WARNING, null, "Unknown
ConfigurationEvent type " + event.getType(),

THE CM_LOCATION_CHANGED event is caught by the SCR configuration listener,
probably because we are creating CM configuration objects in our product,
using null configuration location binding.

So, I have two following questions:

1) don't you think that the log message should be logged in LOG_INFO level,
instead of LOG_WARN level ?
(I have many many such logs when starting my application).

2) I wonder if we should do something special in the SCR
ConfigurationSupport.configurationEvent() method, when handling this new

kind regards;