felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Configuration Admin version 1.4.0
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 15:13:42 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

cheers,
Jamie

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 01.06.2012 um 20:20 schrieb Richard S. Hall:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Not that it matters too much to me, but don't we normally include a
>> Maven source JAR in our releases? I don't see one here.
>
> Yes, we do.. Hmm, will look into why this happened.
>
> Regards
> Felix
>

>> -> richard
>>
>> On 5/30/12 09:20 , Felix Meschberger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is a vote on version 1.4.0 of the Felix Configuration Admin Service implementation.
The corner stones of this release a re compliance with the latest Configuration Admin Service
specification (version 1.4 as published in Compendium 4.3 specification).

>>> At the same time, this is basically the same code, which is also used as the
reference implementation for the Configuration Admin 1.4 specification. As such this release,
of course also passes the CT for the Configuration Admin 1.4.

>>> The main big difference to earlier releases of this bundle is, that this build
requires a Java 5 or newer platform to run because the embedded OSGi classes are compiled
for Java 5 and are using generics. Great care has nevertheless been taken to not actually
require Java 5 platform or API features. So, after recompiling the OSGi classes and this bundle
using the target "jsr14" this bundle is expected to run on Java 1.4 compliant platforms.

>>> The next release coming soon will implement version 1.5 of the Configuration
Admin specification to be published in the upcoming Compendium 5 specification.