felix-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Chemouil <schemo...@gmail.com>
Subject felix.jar in Maven Central
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:10:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently setting up an Android app that embeds Felix, and I want
to use Maven for the build. I need to have a (Maven) dependency on
felix.jar (i.e, the Felix core framework that resides in the bin/
directory of the Felix main distribution) but it seems this Jar has
not been deployed to Maven Central since 2009.

For now, I installed the JAR in my local repository manually, but this
requires every developer to do so. I also guess it would be possible
to have a dependency on the Felix main distribution zip file
(available in Maven Central), do some maven-fu to unzip it using
maven-dependencies-plugin and somehow setup the project, but really,
I'm just looking for felix.jar :-).

If it's somewhere, could you point it to me or would it be possible to
start deploying felix.jar to Central as well as the Felix main
distribution for these "embedded Felix" use cases?

Thanks,

--
Simon