felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Configuration Admin version 1.4.0
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 21:12:25 GMT
Hi,

Am 01.06.2012 um 20:20 schrieb Richard S. Hall:

> +1
>
> Not that it matters too much to me, but don't we normally include a
> Maven source JAR in our releases? I don't see one here.

Yes, we do.. Hmm, will look into why this happened.

Regards
Felix

> -> richard
>
> On 5/30/12 09:20 , Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is a vote on version 1.4.0 of the Felix Configuration Admin Service implementation.
The corner stones of this release a re compliance with the latest Configuration Admin Service
specification (version 1.4 as published in Compendium 4.3 specification).

>> At the same time, this is basically the same code, which is also used as the reference
implementation for the Configuration Admin 1.4 specification. As such this release, of course
also passes the CT for the Configuration Admin 1.4.

>> The main big difference to earlier releases of this bundle is, that this build requires
a Java 5 or newer platform to run because the embedded OSGi classes are compiled for Java
5 and are using generics. Great care has nevertheless been taken to not actually require Java
5 platform or API features. So, after recompiling the OSGi classes and this bundle using the
target "jsr14" this bundle is expected to run on Java 1.4 compliant platforms.

>> The next release coming soon will implement version 1.5 of the Configuration Admin
specification to be published in the upcoming Compendium 5 specification.