felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Felix Configuration Admin version 1.4.0
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 00:28:07 GMT
Hi

Time to tally the vote:

  +1 Felix Meschberger*, Pierre de Rop, Clement Escoffier*,
     Ken Gilmer, Carsten Ziegeler*, Richard Hall*, Jamie Goodyear,
     Karl Pauls*, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Ales Karasulu*,
   0 -
  -1 -

This vote passes with 10 +1 votes (6 of which binding). No other votes have been cast.

I will continue publishing the artifacts.

Re "maven source": This got lost somehow while migrating to the latest parent POM. Will be
fixed in the next release.

Regards
Felix

Am 30.05.2012 um 09:20 schrieb Felix Meschberger:

> Hi,
>
> This is a vote on version 1.4.0 of the Felix Configuration Admin Service implementation.
The corner stones of this release a re compliance with the latest Configuration Admin Service
specification (version 1.4 as published in Compendium 4.3 specification).

> At the same time, this is basically the same code, which is also used as the reference
implementation for the Configuration Admin 1.4 specification. As such this release, of course
also passes the CT for the Configuration Admin 1.4.

> The main big difference to earlier releases of this bundle is, that this build requires
a Java 5 or newer platform to run because the embedded OSGi classes are compiled for Java
5 and are using generics. Great care has nevertheless been taken to not actually require Java
5 platform or API features. So, after recompiling the OSGi classes and this bundle using the
target "jsr14" this bundle is expected to run on Java 1.4 compliant platforms.

> The next release coming soon will implement version 1.5 of the Configuration Admin specification
to be published in the upcoming Compendium 5 specification.