felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Moving scr to java 6?
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 17:11:52 GMT
I'd like to suggest moving scr trunk to java 6.  I realize there are people still using various
jdk 1.3 with scr butI think it is getting less and less plausible to keep trunk at that level.

-- I don't think there is any plausible way to solve the concurrency problems without using
modern concurrency constructs such as ReentrantLock

-- I'd like to enhance the scr commands to use regexes to provide more flexibility with which
bundles you are asking about

-- consistent use of @Override would help find bugs earlier (we had one such recently)

To support 1.3 level users we could either keep a branch alive or see if retrotranslator still
works.

Thoughts?

thanks
david jencks