felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Parent POM enhancements
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:54:38 GMT
Agreed, sounds like these are useful extensions!

On Apr 25, 2012, at 18:39 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:

> Sounds good to me.
>
> -> richard
>
> On 4/25/12 12:37 , Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have finally commited some extensions to our parent POM (see also FELIX-3486).
>>
>> First I defined two properties do easily configure the source and target levels for
the java compiler keeping the default to be 1.3 as before. This allows projects depending
on the parent POM to easily overwrite. For example in my sandbox to implement the Configuration
Admin 1.5 RI I use this to compile for Java 5.

>> Second I added the Animal Sniffer plugin which allows to verify that only certain
Java API signatures are used. Again, by default it is configured to validate Java 1.3 use.
In my Configuration Admin 1.5 RI branch I overwrite this to use the Java 5 library.

>> I would like to release the parent POM with these changes unless there is something
which should be changed or removed.