felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: http.jetty and optional imports
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:25:30 GMT
Hello Richard,

On Apr 10, 2012, at 16:50 PM, Richard S. Hall wrote:

> I just noticed that the http.jetty bundle lists all of its imports as optional, but this
apparently is not the case since I get NCDFEs if I start it without some of them (e.g., org.osgi.service.log).
Is there a reason why it is doing this? It seems to be obviously incorrect.

> Looking around, it seems that most of the http.* bundles do this...did I miss something?

Thanks for asking, I recently noticed the same and came to the conclusion the implementation
does not check for optional packages at all. I just forgot to raise the issue here.

Greetings, Marcel