felix-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Java 7 compiler issue
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:40:39 GMT
In Karaf we currently include the osgi spec jars in karaf.main which is
not such a good solution as they are mixed with impl classes.

So for karaf internally as well as for end users of OSGi developing on
Java 7 it makes sense to have an OSGi spec that is compatible with Java
7 really soon. I will create such a project in
in karaf for the mean time but I would prefer if we could move this to
Felix. End users would expect such an API jar rather from felix then
from Karaf.

Even with R5 out it might be a good idea to provide a 4.x spec that is
compatible to Java 7 as developers can use it to express that they
target their development for an OSGi 4.x framework.
Especially when using the maven bundle plugin this is important as it
creates the import package version out of the maven artifact version.

So what do you think about providing the OSGi 4.3 specs in Felix?

Am 27.04.2012 15:15, schrieb Richard S. Hall:
> On 4/27/12 07:33 , Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>> Does the OSGi Alliance plan to release a version that can work with
>> jdk 7 ?
>> Or could we build one, as we used to provide the core specs before the
>> alliance put them in maven central ?
> I think the R5 JARs will target Java 5, once they are released, which
> should be fairly soon.
> -> richard

Christian Schneider

Open Source Architect