felix-dev mailing list archives

From Reuben Garrett <reubengarr...@gmail.com>
Subject patching process for ultra-fine revisions
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 16:25:17 GMT
What's our normal process for submitting patches against very small
sections of the code base (e.g. one-word javadoc corrections)?  For
example, I noticed that the default timeout value for iPOJO's @Temporal
annotation [1] is javadoc'd as "true", but is actually a long with default
3000.

It seems like overkill to open a JIRA ticket for that, although maybe it's
not a big deal if we're not worried about exhausting the ticket number
namespace.  One could also group together several such changes, although
this raises the question of how many changes are sufficient, and delays
corrections until that threshold is reached.

Sorry if I'm over-thinking this - I'm still a fledgling.

~ RNPG

[1] :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/org.apache.felix.ipojo.annotations-1.8.0/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/ipojo/handler/temporal/Temporal.java