felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Configuration Admin 1.2.x?
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:40:14 GMT
 From my point of view, just do it...what's the harm?

-> richard

On 3/20/12 4:47 PM, Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Within a different open source project (Amdatu), we recently ran into some race conditions
in Configuration Admin 1.2.8 that since have been fixed in trunk (see FELIX-2813). However,
the next scheduled release will be one that requires a still unreleased and new version of
the OSGi specification, which makes it more difficult for people to use right now and in the
immediate future (I guess a lot of us will want to stay R4.x compatible for some time).

> Therefore, my question is, would there be more interest in backporting such patches to
an 1.2.x branch, and doing a new release?

> Right now, we applied such patches and made a release within Amdatu for ourselves [1],
but we would like to donate these patches back to Felix and make an official release here
(if enough people care). WDYT?