felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: "thoughts request" about RepoGuard project
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:38:30 GMT

Maybe this would be related more to the subversion project (http://subversion.apache.org/)

> Sounds interesting, though.

> -> richard
> On 2/9/12 11:15 , Doreen.Seider@dlr.de wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I`m writing to your dev mailing list because I'd like to know your thoughts about
 a project I'd like it to become an Incubator project at Apache. I talked about that project
with Simon (Willnauer) from Apache Lucene and he thought you might be interested in it and
suggested to talk to you. I hope this mailing list is the right one for that purpose. Otherwise
please let me know.
and currently hosted at Tigris.org: http://repoguard.tigris.org/
>> RepoGuard is a framework to integrate development tools with source code repositories.
It is designed as a framework to be extensible to integrate different kind of tools und repositories
(later on). Uses cases for RepoGuard are automatic checks for source code, which needs to
be committed, specified kinds of notifications for commits, or adding notes to the bug tracking
system for each commit, to ensure each commit is related to an issue in the bug tracker.
>> RepoGuard is developed at the German Aerospace Center (DLR). We think that the things
RepoGuard does in a software development project is  stuff every projects needs or should
need. As far as I know some Apache projects have the integration of their repository with
their bug tracker. So, we asked us, why do we need multiple implementations for such basic
>> Thus, my question here is: What do you think about a project like RepoGuard and our
idea behind it: to invest in one implementation for the integration of development tools and
source code repositories?
>> Thanks for your replies in advance and best regards
>> Doreen
>> Doreen Seider
>> German Aerospace Center (DLR)
>> Simulation and Software Technology