felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: m2e integration
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:37:57 GMT
On 13 Feb 2012, at 17:43, Andrei Pozolotin wrote:

>    Stuart:feature
>
>    is this m2e feature expandable for scr plugin?
>    (generate incremental osgi component xml descriptors)
>
>    if not, is current "m2e bundle awareness" a separate project
>    I could reuse to copy/paste this approach for src?
>
>    which one / where please?

m2e 1.x relies on custom configurators to map between Eclipse and Maven lifecycles:

   http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_plugin_execution_not_covered

   http://wiki.eclipse.org/M2E_Extension_Development

The Tycho specific configurators for OSGi can be found at:

   https://github.com/sonatype/m2eclipse-tycho/tree/master/org.sonatype.tycho.m2e/src/org/sonatype/tycho/m2e/internal

Which could be extended to also cover SCR generation - you'd need to detect when to regenerate
the descriptors, rather than on every workspace change.

>    Thank you,
>
>    Andrei

has been improved to detect bundle projects and adjust the instructions (in-memory) to work
with JDT and PDE

https://repository.sonatype.org/content/repositories/forge-sites/m2eclipse-tycho/0.6.0/N/0.6.0.201112050222/

>> If you already have the m2eclipse-tycho configurator installed then adding the above
update site and checking for software updates should install the above update.

>> If you don't have the m2eclipse-tycho configurator you can install it via Eclipse->Preferences->Maven->Discovery->Open
Catalog... then follow the above instructions.