felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mvn release:prepare "Unable to tag SCM"
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 21:15:28 GMT

On Jan 13, 2012, at 12:32 PM, Arjun Panday wrote:

> Thanks David,
>> Maybe the svn path in the pom is wrong?  the working directory appears to indicate
a different path including "/core/"
> Yes, i showed this line on purpose.
> the working directory is webconsole-plugins/servicediagnostics/core
> and the artifactId is org.apache.felix.servicediagnostics.plugin
> It seems to mix artifactId and the directory
>
> The parent pom references the module as "core". Here's the scm and modules extract from
the parent pom:

> <scm>
> <connection>scm:svn:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/webconsole-plugins/servicediagnostics</connection>
> <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/webconsole-plugins/servicediagnostics</developerConnection>
> <url>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/trunk/webconsole-plugins/servicediagnostics</url>
> </scm>
> <modules>
> <module>core</module>
> <module>sample</module>
> </modules>
>
> Is this wrong?

Are you running the release from "core" or "servicediagnostics"?  I think you can only reliably
run a release at the level of a pom that includes scm information.  If you just want to release
core I'd try putting scm info in that pom too.

david jencks

>> what's giving the warning?  tar?  There might be an issue with antique non-gnu tars
and long paths, I think there might be a flag to use gnu style tar.