felix-dev mailing list archives

From jerome moliere <jerome.moli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Weird problem with EventAdmin:blacklisting
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 12:53:11 GMT
My current problems are :
- why such blacklisting ?
- how this blacklisting may affect my communication because with the
webconsole and log service I can see my message present in the right
topic , but it's  never dequeued ... it's stuck on the topic,
handleEvent() callback is never invoked in my servlet while it's
correctly set up (I've got the reference displayed as an Eventhandler
for my servlet bundle)

Thanks for your help
Jerome
J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J
auteur Eyrolles
blog: http://romjethoughts.blogspot.com

2012/1/25 jerome moliere <jerome.moliere@gmail.com>:
> Hi once again,
> I just had a look to the source code and I'd like you to drop me a
> terrible confusion...
> In my code I am using the postEvent() method...This is the
> asynchronous sending of message isn't it ?
> But as far as I understand while reading the source ,timeouts are set
> for Synchronous delivery not asychronous one as stated in the next
> code excerpt:
>
> public EventAdminImpl(final HandlerTasks managers,
>            final DefaultThreadPool syncPool,
>            final DefaultThreadPool asyncPool,
>            final int timeout,
>            final String[] ignoreTimeout)
>    {
>        checkNull(managers, "Managers");
>        checkNull(syncPool, "syncPool");
>        checkNull(asyncPool, "asyncPool");
>
>        m_managers = managers;
>
>        m_sendManager = new SyncDeliverTasks(syncPool,
>                (timeout > 100 ? timeout : 0),
>                ignoreTimeout);
>
>        m_postManager = new AsyncDeliverTasks(asyncPool, m_sendManager);
>    }
>
> So using these properties should have no impact in my case where I am
> using postEvent rather than sendEvent ...
>

> Kind regards
> J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J
> auteur Eyrolles
> blog: http://romjethoughts.blogspot.com
>

> 2012/1/25 jerome moliere <jerome.moliere@gmail.com>:
>> Thanks for your help Carsten I'll do some tests ....
>> I must read the source code to figure out with accuracy what kind of
>> timeouts is used ...
>> I don't see any valuable reason for my servlet not respond in 5seconds!!!
>> It's present at startup with a runlevel 2 ...
>> let me know more about the mechanisms used
>>
>> thanks a lot
>> Jerome
>> J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J
>> auteur Eyrolles
>> blog: http://romjethoughts.blogspot.com
>>

>> 2012/1/25 Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the Felix event admin by default blacklists event handlers if they
>>> take more than 5 secs. With the setting you mentioned, you turn off
>>> the timeout for all event handlers.
>>>
>>> If you want a more fine grained setting, you can use the property
>>> org.apache.felix.eventadmin.IgnoreTimeout to disable timeout handling
>>> for specific handlers or java packages (see