felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Error with multiple instances of Felix running as separate EAR deployments in WebLogic
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 19:22:16 GMT
On Jan 9, 2012, at 19:47 PM, Karl Pauls wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Marcel Offermans
> <marcel.offermans@luminis.nl> wrote:
>>> Yeah, we should use the framework ID. Please open a bug for this.
>> You're referring to 4.2.8 that defines a Framework UUID I guess?
>> As far as I understand from the implementation (Util.randomUUID()) the framework
gets a "new" unique ID every time it starts. We might want to consider holding on to it (in
our bundle cache) to at least keep it as "constant" as we can.
>> Why?
>> I can see some value in a URL not changing, and if we include it in the bundle: URLs
we generate, we might want to do our best to ensure they are valid for longer than the current
framework run.
> I agree that there is some value to it but at the same time, we
> already have that problem as we need to encode the revision number in
> the url which might be invalid/changed after a refresh/restart...
> Making assumptions about the bundle: urls is a problem not matter what :-).

Good point, so unless we somehow manage to "fix" other issues with this URL, one should not
rely on them to stick around for longer than the life cycle of the framework itself.

Greetings, Marcel

View raw message