felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject [WebConsole] Dropping 1.4 builds ?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:16:23 GMT

I recently converted the Web Console code to use Generics and added the target jsr14 flag
for the compiler to build Java 1.4 compatible class files. All fine and well.

until ... JDK 7 comes along ...

I just learned that the JDK 7 compiler does not support jsr14 compiled class files any longer
and runs havock...

So, there are basically three options:

  (a) drop Java 1.4 support completely compiling to Java 5 class files
  (b) drop generics (and have Java 1.4 sources again)
  (c) have multiple build profiles

I would like to keep generics. They make a lot of things nicer. But then we alienate the embedded
market ...

Where shall we go ?

View raw message