felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [WebConsole] Dropping 1.4 builds ?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 09:02:10 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for all the comments so far.

Reading through all this, I think I will revert my conversion to generics (and improved for
loops) and go back to pure Java 1.4 code and use the normal source and target of "1.4". To
still ensure only using Java 1.4 API I already have added the animal sniffer plugin enforcing
Java 1.4 API use (it is not 100% safe but probably close enough).

This is a major plus for our friends of the embedded world (still depending on Java 1.4) and
Java 7 world (not supporting generics in Java 1.4 class files) and requires only a handful
of web console developers to limit ourselves.

Regards
Felix

Am 04.01.2012 um 13:16 schrieb Felix Meschberger:

> Hi,
>
> I recently converted the Web Console code to use Generics and added the target jsr14
flag for the compiler to build Java 1.4 compatible class files. All fine and well.