felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mvn release:prepare "Unable to tag SCM"
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 19:59:03 GMT

On Jan 13, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Arjun Panday wrote:

> Hi again!
> I'm still trying to find my way through the release process.. now at the "release:prepare"
> Preliminary note: even-though I'm not running mac but linux (fc15 with svn version 1.6.17
(r1128011)), I had to apply the special mac patch or the non-interactive mode would not work.
> Now it does prompt me for my password and goes on until:
> [INFO] Working directory: /home/panday/branches/felix-commit/trunk/webconsole-plugins/servicediagnostics/core
> [INFO] Unable to tag SCM
> Provider message:
> The svn tag command failed.
> Command output:
> svn: Path 'https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/webconsole-plugins/servicediagnostics/org.apache.felix.servicediagnostics.plugin'
does not exist in revision 1231262
> And indeed this path does not exist, I must agree.
> Any idea?

Maybe the svn path in the pom is wrong?  the working directory appears to indicate a different
path including "/core/"

> Incidentally I also have a few warnings that my pathnames are too long:
> [INFO] [WARNING] Entry: org.apache.felix.servicediagnostics.plugin-0.1.0/src/main/scala/servicediagnostics/ServiceDiagnostics.scala
longer than 100 characters.

what's giving the warning?  tar?  There might be an issue with antique non-gnu tars and long
paths, I think there might be a flag to use gnu style tar.

david jencks

> I'm not sure if this has a real impact and whether I should refactor.. ?
> Inputs are welcome :)
> Thanks,
> -arjun

View raw message