felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [WebConsole] Dropping 1.4 builds ?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 14:13:07 GMT
On 1/4/12 07:44 , Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
> Am 04.01.2012 um 13:39 schrieb Marcel Offermans:
>> It would be nice to learn how they intend to solve this issue before we do, because
it probably makes sense to align our decision with theirs.
> They will create two builds. This would be my option (c).

I don't think that has been decided.

 From my understanding (and preference), they will maintain 1.4 source
compatibility by compiling against foundation, but target Java 5 in
binary. With this approach, the majority of people using modern JVMs
will be able to use the produced artifacts "as is", while people running
on 1.4 will need to recompile. You could do something similar.

-> richard

> Regards
> Felix

View raw message