felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Service Diagnostics Plugin version 0.1.0
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:12:29 GMT
Hi

Am 17.01.2012 um 11:58 schrieb Arjun Panday:

> Good point,
>
> felix/servicediagnostics/0.1.0/
> should contain only the parent pom
>
> while
> felix/org.apache.felix.servicediagnostics.plugin/0.1.0/
> should contain the actual plugin bundle along with the sources
>
> Yet I have no clue why it ended up like this and what I could do to
> control this..

It looks like ran the release process from the ractor pom level and that the lower "core"
level has not been executing the apache-release profile (which is why the source release of
that project is missing).

The source release package actually contains the complete servicediagnostics folder including
the core and sample, but the DEPENDENCIES and LICENSE files are not ok.

> Does it mean I must differentiate the parent vs reactor roles by
> creating a specific parent pom in a new directory?

Yes, in my experience splitting the roles (having distinct parent and reactor poms) makes
lives easier.

I would propose the following :

  * Cancel this vote
  * Split parent POM functionality from reactor functionality
  * Run release on the parent pom
  * Run release on core
  * close the repository
  * start a new vote

Other input ?

Regards
Felix

> -arjun
>

> On 01/17/2012 11:36 AM, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This looks basically ok.
>>
>> But I am a bit worried about the directory structure:
>>
>> * ..../org/apache/felix/servicediagnostics/0.1.0/
>>
>> this contains the source release zips and a related POM
>>
>> * ..../org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.servicediagnostics.plugin/0.1.0/
>>
>> contains the bundle and a related POM
>>
>> Is this ok or wouldn't we rather want to have everything in a single location (I
prefer the second over the first) ?