felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] initial httplite 0.1.1 release
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:20:19 GMT
The NOTICE file is not correct. It doesn't have the correct name (i.e.,
the first line), it should be "Apache Felix Lightweight HTTP Server".
Also, the copyright year is 2006...this clearly isn't correct. :-) The
DEPENDENCIES file is not in the JAR's META-INF directory either.

I think the issue is you are using an older parent pom instead of the
newest released one that handles the NOTICE/DEPENDENCIES files
differently (then you'll no longer need these files in your root
directory). Take a look at framework or configadmin for an example of
how to set things up with the new parent pom. You should be able to
compare your resulting NOTICE/DEPS files to those see if they look similar.

Also note that we generally use x.y.odd-SNAPSHOT to denote a development
release and x.y.even to denote a stable release. The reason for this is
if you develop with x.y.z-SNAPSHOT then release x.y.z as a stable
reease, then in OSGi version numbering x.y.z-SNAPSHOT > x.y.z. Following
an odd/even numbering scheme avoids this annoyance.

The initial release version in changelog.txt is 0.1.0, but this artifact
is 0.1.1...which is it?

Overall, this is pretty close. I think if you re-roll it after updating
to the newest released parent pom and fix some of these other little
mistakes, then it will be good to go. Thanks!

-> richard