felix-dev mailing list archives

From Tiger Gui <tigergui1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:18:21 GMT
Hi all,

I have update the update center of OSGiMaker, you can install it
here[1], but you guys should notice that you must install it in a
Eclipse with Bndtools, it means that you should install Bndtools
first, and then install OSGiMaker.

OSGiMaker can help you to analyse any java application and then split
it into OSGi bundles, this whole progress is intelligent, you should
only press a menu item to start the progress, OSGiMaker will do all
the jobs for you. And also, we supply visualize tool to show the
bundles result (we use JUNG to do it), meanwhile, if you are not
satisfy with our tools' analyse result, you can also edit it as you
like.

You can find some relative documents about this tool here [2], please
have a trial of it, thank you

[1] https://osgimaker.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/OSGiMakerUpdateCenter/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/osgimaker/w/list

2011/8/12 Tiger Gui <tigergui1990@gmail.com>:
> We use Jung to visualize the bundles, it is not easy to zoom into a
> bundle (a node in the Jung canvas) to see the packages relations
> inside the bundle/group, but we can work around it, for example,
> double click a bundle to check the packages/classes.
>

> Use different color to represent expensive/light relation is also
> interesting, i will work for this point.
>
> 2011/8/12 Peter Kriens <peter.kriens@aqute.biz>:
>> What would be nice if you could zoom into a bundle and see the package relations
inside the bundle/group. Then zoom in the packages and see the classes. The connections between
the classes/packages/bundles could also use some color/transparency coding. So that an expensive
connection would look dark red and an expensive connection light gray. Note hat expensive
is not many but shared by very few entities inside the enclosure. I.e. if only one class in
a package of 10 classes causes a certain dependency then that is an expensive dependency.