felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should we produce both .zip and .tar.gz of the released project, or just .zip?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:44:14 GMT
It would be great if you can do that - I fear I won't have time before
end of next week

Regards
Carsten

2011/7/1 Stuart McCulloch <mcculls@gmail.com>:
> On 1 Jul 2011, at 17:35, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> 2011/7/1 Stuart McCulloch <mcculls@gmail.com>:
>>> As Richard says below, historically Felix releases included both .zip and .tar.gz
of the project (these are the main things we vote on)

>>> But the latest Apache parent pom only produces a .zip of the project release
by default - so recent releases have only included .zip

>>> However we can choose to have both by adding:
>>>
>>>    <properties>
>>>        <sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor>source-release-zip-tar</sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor>
>>>    </properties>
>>>
>>> To the Felix parent pom and deploying v2.1
>>>

>> Yes, we should do this - this was what we discussed after the event admin release
suffering from the same problem.

> righto - are you planning to update/deploy the new parent pom or should I do that?
>
>> Carsten
>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers, Stuart
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:

to the new parent pom, we don't get a tar.gz project release, only a zip release. What did
we decide here? Are we going to switch to only a zip release?
but you can get both zip and tar by setting:

2.1? release of that) if people want both

have one. So, it seems like we need to make a decision for consistency purposes.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org