felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Bundle Repository version 1.6.6
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:13:20 GMT
On 7/1/11 12:10, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2011, at 15:59, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> This is the same issue as the Event Admin (?) release, when switching to the new
parent pom, we don't get a tar.gz project release, only a zip release. What did we decide
here? Are we going to switch to only a zip release?
> the default (in the parent Apache pom) is to only produce a zip release, but you can
get both zip and tar by setting:

>      <properties>
>          <sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor>source-release-zip-tar</sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor>
>      </properties>
>
> so we could always add this to the parent Felix pom (and deploy a new 2.1? release of
that) if people want both

It doesn't matter to me, really, but we've always had both and now we
only have one. So, it seems like we need to make a decision for
consistency purposes.

-> richard