felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Should we produce both .zip and .tar.gz of the released project, or just .zip?
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:24:48 GMT
As Richard says below, historically Felix releases included both .zip and .tar.gz of the project
(these are the main things we vote on)

But the latest Apache parent pom only produces a .zip of the project release by default -
so recent releases have only included .zip

However we can choose to have both by adding:

    <properties>
        <sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor>source-release-zip-tar</sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor>
    </properties>

To the Felix parent pom and deploying v2.1

WDYT?

--
Cheers, Stuart

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org>
> Date: 1 July 2011 17:13:20 GMT+01:00
> To: dev@felix.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Bundle Repository version 1.6.6
>
> On 7/1/11 12:10, Stuart McCulloch wrote:
>> On 1 Jul 2011, at 15:59, Richard S. Hall wrote:
>>
>>> This is the same issue as the Event Admin (?) release, when switching to the
new parent pom, we don't get a tar.gz project release, only a zip release. What did we decide
here? Are we going to switch to only a zip release?
>> the default (in the parent Apache pom) is to only produce a zip release, but you
can get both zip and tar by setting:

>>     <properties>
>>         <sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor>source-release-zip-tar</sourceReleaseAssemblyDescriptor>
>>     </properties>
>>
>> so we could always add this to the parent Felix pom (and deploy a new 2.1? release
of that) if people want both

> It doesn't matter to me, really, but we've always had both and now we only have one.
So, it seems like we need to make a decision for consistency purposes.