felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: OBR - FELIX-2912
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 20:02:04 GMT
On 5/4/11 15:39, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> I was wondering if somebody could review&  possibly commit the patch
> attached to FELIX-2912 for the bundlerepository module.

The patch in and of itself seems ok, but generally speaking it seems
like a specific special case for a situation that could have lots of
similar special cases. What if there are other types of exceptions that
get thrown and similarly provide inadequate reporting. Will we need a
bunch of different catch clauses converting them into something more
meaningful?

Is there a more general approach to solve this issue? What always
catching any IOException and rethrowing another IOException that
includes the full URL of what we were trying to open in its message
along with the exception that caused this in the first place?

Would that give you enough of the information you want in this case?
Just wondering...

-> richard