felix-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Geurts <dennis.geu...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: deviceaccess status?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 06:21:00 GMT
Hi Jamie,

Right now, it's probably best to checkout the current version from the Felix repo and build
it yourself.

It's nice to hear people are considering using it. This is a real insentive for me to pick
up things and push for a release.

You caught me at a 'bad' time though; i'll be on holiday next week will little or actually
no internet connectivity. I will be checking my email and will answer as promptly as possible.

I do seem to recall there's still an issue with the filter that makes the DA listen for devices.

When I'm back I'll start work on it again; my estimate would be that a release should be possible
sometime in april (although I'm not a felix committer, so I will be depending on committers
accepting my patches).

Cheers, Dennis

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "jamie campbell" <jamie@parit.ca>
Date: Sat, Mar 5, 2011 00:21
Subject: deviceaccess status?
To: "dev@felix.apache.org" <dev@felix.apache.org>

Greets,

I'm trying to get into using the Device Access part of the specification
and I discovered that felix has such an implementation, but not
released.  I searched the archives and from what I can tell, on March 12
2009 Dennis Geurts said "a release could be imminent, I want to do a bit
more testing", then Marcel Offermans on April 4, 2010, mentioning it
hasn't been released yet.. then Dec 17, 2010 when it was mentioned
indirectly as a part of the specification docs (aka which parts of the
spec are done with associated project and version) with project=?? and
version=?? .. any news on when a release might be pending?

For folks willing to take the bleeding edge for a spin, is there a maven
repository with an alpha or beta or nightly build or what have you for
this specific artifact?

-Jamie