felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Hall <c...@hallwaytech.com>
Subject Fwd: correct syntax for multi-valued properties in fileinstall cfg files?
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 15:48:20 GMT
Reposting to dev since this is a development question.  I can get a
patch in for this pretty soon once the direction agreed upon.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carl Hall <carl@hallwaytech.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: correct syntax for multi-valued properties in fileinstall
cfg files?
To: users@felix.apache.org

What if the syntax that is used by the config admin is used for this?
The processing in ConfigurationHandler can be abstracted and
fileinstall already has a dependency on config admin.  The code has
been used in Felix for a while, so we would get free testing with it.
:)

The syntax is this:
value = type ( "[" values "]" | "(" values ")" | simple ) .
values = value { "," value } .
simple = "{" stringsimple "}" .
type = // 1-char type code .
stringsimple = // quoted string representation of the value .

Examples of this,
* ["thing1","thing2"] => String[2]
* i[10,250,365] => int[3]

I would like to add this feature, so any discussion on how best to
proceed is greatly welcomed.

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:19:36 -0700 Justin Edelson said,

Ah, so the
) *

part is saying that a single value can be split over multiple lines...
gotcha.

I think the scr javadoc annotation way is reasonable, although it's not
backwards-compatible.

Justin