felix-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Versioning after a failed release
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 20:55:17 GMT
Well, I'm on the fence. On the one hand, I doubt that it helps much to
skip the release number but granted, it might help for the bookkeeping
in rather strange cases. On the other hand, it can suck a bit to not
have a 1.0.0 version for example but at the same time, it's not super
important either as I don't think we should worry about "marketing
versions" much.

Overall, I guess I'm slightly in favor of A but mostly because of the
_can_ v.s. the _must_ of B. I think we should just let the release
manager of the vote make that decision on a case by case basis
(especially, as we clearly have no consensus on the topic).

+1 for A (assuming its a _can_ and not a _must_)

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls