felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Re-trying releases
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 18:11:08 GMT
On 2/8/11 13:04, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On 2/8/11 12:29, Peter Kriens wrote:
>> New version number for any reason makes a lot of sense. A bsn +
>> version must be as unique as a SHA-1 hashcode of the bundle.
>
> I think everyone agrees that a new version number should always be
> used for every release. The issue here is about a release that was
> never released because it was canceled for some reason during the
> voting period.

After re-reading your message, I read "reason" as "release"...

However, the tricky part is as I described...at Apache there is no
release without a proper vote, so the question is, do we need the
version number to reflect these failed attempts?

Give the ongoing vote on this, it doesn't look like we have any clear
consensus. As a result, I'm happy to let the person doing the release
decide...

-> richard